Version 2.0.0

Sojobo

• Management

Hey guys, I'm sure a lot of you have noticed a lack of patch notes lately - that's because we've been super busy working on this 2.0 release and hopefully it's going to address a lot of current game issues as well as deliver a bunch of new content for you guys to enjoy too!

We started v2 by converting everything across to the new OneSync version that FiveM offers - this fundamentally changes how the server behaves and what data your client has access to / cares about / streams. In it's most basic form, this new version of OneSync means that anyone outside of your "sphere" is no longer rendered or known about by your client. We're hoping that this is going to mean better performance for players, potentially less lag and hopefully we'll see an end to the texture loss issues we get with higher player counts online.

Half way through development of v2 FiveM released a client update that added the script times of all the scripts on the server to then show clients that their FPS was being affected by the server. This made me spend about 2 solid days of development working solely on performance gains and again, I'm hoping this pays off so that you guys enjoy higher FPS with less chance of lag spikes or falling through the world!

Switching to the new OneSync has brought with it some new challenges however. With your client no longer having knowledge of people outside of your sphere this has made some current features very hard to replicate. The first big issue that took a lot of work was player blips. With v2 you'll no longer see blips on gang members / medics / cops that are outside of your sphere, instead they will show up and go away as you move in and out of their areas. We could have used delayed blips that simply mark a location when someone is outside of your area and have them periodically update but we felt this would feel strange as blips would likely double up as people enter and leave areas and it would require a whole bunch more development for something I think we can live without.

One of our other big objectives with v2 was improving new player retention. We have lots of people try out STRP but unfortunately not as many people stay and make it their home as we'd like. One of the factors to this will be how daunting starting a roleplay server might be to a new player. People are often lost and not sure what to do, sometimes they'll ask for help in OOC just to be shot down by someone telling them to find out IC, just so they can then ignore their pleas for help in twitter too. We've added the ability to hide your chat for those that don't want to see chat anymore - we'll likely further develop this to allow us to ban people from chat who are unhelpful in the future. We've also added help points all over the place and a new /help command which gives players access to mini-guides, something to help them along their journey into STRP.

No matter how you enjoy STRP I'm hoping v2 will bring something new and exciting to your gameplay and if nothing else, maybe you'll at least enjoy some extra FPS! Now, on to the actual changes;

Engine Changes
We're now running OneSync Infinity
Massive performance saving changes across the board
Vehicle data has been centralised (this has enabled us to do other features below and makes adding vehicles quicker & easier for us)
Grab a coat - dynamic weather has been added
3D voice is here, whisper something sweet in my ear.
Newly purchased vehicles will automatically be named in the garage
New fuel system (You can get out and fuel up or let José do it for you)
There's a new global speed limit (RIP cars flying down the freeway into legion at 200mph)
Placing bodies into a vehicle will now start with the back seats, not the front.
Searching somebody will now show a /me action - no more ninja searching people
Also, wildlife has returned to the island!

spacer.png

New User Experience
New help points dotted around the map for players to see mini-guides
There are 10 new mini-guides available;
- Welcome to jobs
- Buying & using a phone
- Trucking
- Garbage
- Fishing
- Wine
- Hunting
- Joining police
- Joining medics
- Weapons

User Interface & Other Changes
You can now toggle the OOC chat off with /togglechat
You can now see vehicle trunksizes in PDM
You can now see all connected users in your radio channel
Bike rental spots have popped up across the city
Clothing areas now span the entire room rather than a radius

spacer.png

Player Driven Marketplace
You can now list your owned vehicles for sale at Turtle Bay Motors
Vehicles have been categorized by rarity, rare vehicles will have a glow around their photos
There's a 20% sales tax on vehicles sold here and a $1,000 listing fee to deter silly listings
Side note: We have lots more planned for Turtle Bay Motors including vehicle Auctions and vehicle photos... Soon™!

Crime
Coca plant location has moved
Meth processing has moved
Coke processing has moved
Procaine has been removed
Drug runners are now flying across Los Santos smuggling procaine but don't worry, the military are on the case!
There's a new street race by the docks
When you're sent to jail you'll now be presented with a feedback system. This is to rate your arresting officer, i.e. the officer who sent you to jail, not the situation as a whole. This data will be used to look for problem officers. If you rate all officers low then we have nothing to work with, do with this as you will..
The Vagos HQ has moved
Bulk selling drugs now sends a 15% cut to turf
Selling to NPCs now sells in stacks of 3-8 instead of 1-4.
You can no longer contest a turf if you're inside a vehicle

spacer.png

Police
CAD alerts will now show their related 10-code, where possible.
The MDT has had a slight makeover
The profile page in the MDT has been re-ordered. Licences are now at the top of the page, no more scrolling forever.
Clicking on a persons picture on the profile page will now allow you to take a mugshot of that person - this will also appear on that persons ID card so please be respectful with these photos.
Vehicles in the MDT now show the correct photo of the car and its model name.
There's a new arrest format to follow when making arrests in the MDT.

Medics
Pillbox now has a working & accessible helipad
Stretchers & Wheelchairs can now be bought
Wheelchairs are now electric
Removed medics old F6 menu and moved it all into the F3 menu.
Medics can now take duty in Paleto Bay
Medics can now buy gear in Sandy Shores
Revive bonuses have been increased
Dead player markers have been removed

Bug Fixes
Fixed an exploit with weed that allowed XP where it shouldn't have.
Fixed an issue that was allowing launder rates to go above their intended cap.
Pistol crafting has been fixed
Police should be able to toggle their voice range from within a vehicle again.
Fixed ammo duplication issues
You can no longer search someone who is inside a vehicle.
Vangelico timer sped up
... and lots of other under the hood bug fixes!

There are very likely other changes in this patch that I've forgotten to mention, it's been a long couple of weeks getting this ready but I hope it was worth the wait!

If you actually read this whole thread, well done! There's a good chance with a patch this size that there will be new bugs and problems found so please be patient with any issues found, make sure you report them and let's work together towards a brighter and better STRP!

Edited by Sojobo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3